Profiles Database Overview
I really wanted to have a "starter" database for my software. Having a database, however modest, all done and figured out, would provide a significant head start for custom development.
I also wanted to use my own software as a little "tickler system" for names and addresses.
I also was pretty strong about separating people who cannot login from people who can login.
So I came up with a little "profiles" database to track people and companies with their addresses, emails, social sites, telephone numbers, and websites. It includes "lookup tables" or types, which will come up in custom development so it's good to have this figured out now.
The "persons" database table is a particularly important database table, as it relates to authentication (ie, who can login). However, "users" are in "personbydomains" database table.
Here is a list of my profiles database tables:
- Main Database Tables
⇒ persons (People)
- Supporting Database Tables
⇒ socials (social websites)
- "Look up" Types For The Supporting Database Tables
- "Pivot" or "Bookeeping" Database Tables That Associate A Company With a Supporting Table
- "Pivot" or "Bookeeping" Database Tables That Associate A Person With a Supporting Table
- "Pivot" or "Bookeeping" Database Tables That Associate A Company With a Person